Saturday, July 26, 2008

Happy 13th Birthday to Stanton!

Well...Here she is! Stanton Meade Quinnelly, born July 26, 1995 at 1:01 PM, weighing in at 7lbs2oz, 20 1/4" tall. I tell you, no matter how old they are, you love them more and more each and every day! I have to brag on Stanton for a minute. I tell you, she is an amazing little girl, (yes, as my Dad always says, "you'll always be my baby and my little girl!") that has somehow become a teenager right before our very eyes! Stanton is such a blessing that never ceases to amaze me with her intellect, love for others, and sense of "wiseness" a young girl could have. We are so proud of the young lady she is becoming. Stanton is an honor student, an incredible rider, always helping others, always being a friend and mentor to someone in need, an AMAZING big sister, has such a stong love for Christ, and I just have to say how proud we are of her! Thanks for listening to me brag, because we are REALLY proud of her!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEET, SWEET (who am I kidding? She is 13!) STANTON!!
WE LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO


Here is the story of this 13 layer cake made with love and many hours of labor...well, I am so sorry that we forgot to celebrate Savannah's (our Newfoundland) birthday on June 08Th...you are NOW 2, Savannnah, so it is time to BEHAVE!!! So...Savannnah decided to let herself in to the laundry room, yes she opens doors, after I went to bed at midnight because I was so busy baking cakes for 6 plus hours! I had put the cakes in there so she would not be able to get them. Anyway, we woke up in the morning, and I thought someone was bleeding...nope...there was red velvet cake (along with strawberry, chocolate, german chocolate,funfetti...get my drift? These cakes were ALL different flavors!) ALL over the floor!!! SAVANNAH decided to have her own belated birthday party...and thought Stanton would not mind sharing her cakes! I should have taken pictures, but I was too upset to even bother...No use crying over CAKES EATEN BY A BIG DOG!!!! So we just made some more. The best part of the day was when my dear friend, Tara, Trip's Mom, called and sang...no, not Happy Birthday, it was like this..."Someone left the cake out in the LAUNDRY ROOM, and I don't think I can take it, because it took so long to bake it, the dog ate it, and I'll never have that recipe again!" Gotta laugh, right?!



Brighton and Berklie, after waiting all day to eat CAKES...finally get to sing Happy Birthday to Stanton and get in on the goods!

What do you get a "teenager" who has "Cruella" for a Mom that will not allow her to have a cell phone until she is able to drive?!

An underwater camera, of course! Pretty awesome! We are actually leaving for the beach on Thursday, and thought this would be great fun to bring with us!

Is it a mermaid? No...it's a TEENAGER!!!!!



Stafford, are you actually "wearing" your contacts?! Didn't think so!!!


Stafford, Garrett, Trip, and friend wish you a Happy Birthday, Stanton!


Stanton and Garrett pose for the camera man.


Brighton cannot hold his breath very long, so no underwater pictures today...check out his "gobbles..." he walks around with them on and they are all foggy, so you know he cannot see! He is hilarious!!
Our little swim baby!! Berklie is part fish...we cannot keep her out of the water.

Miss Leslie rocked Emerson to sleep. What a precious baby she is! I'll brag on her in her own 8 month post!
Trippy...smiling as usual!!



Brighton and Berklie have absolutely no fear of the water, which is good, but can be bad sometimes too, because there are obviously two of them, plus another sweet baby that is always with us at the pool. I really think I am part octopus sometimes! Thanks Amy for taking them to the pool early yesterday...I laughed when I got there and she said, and I quote, as she popped open a beer, " Thank God you are here...they just don't stop! I waited for you to get here so I could open this beer, and now I really need it!" We love you, Miss Amy!!!


Thank you, to everyone, for making Stanton's 13Th Birthday such a memorable day! We spent the day with Mom and Papa on Friday...they loved the movie just because they were with you! Stanton LOVES her gifts too! The ice cream cake was yummy!! Thank you, Huggins family for the wonderful gift (can't wait to use her purse!) and balloons...I am SO sad I missed you! Thank you, Miss Amy and Miss Tara for the great time at the pool, and for the adorable gift! I cannot borrow it because it has an "S" on the bag! Sorry Miss Amy ate your mayo-free sandwich, Tara! He he! Thank you, Grandmother Barty, for the beautiful pillow with Chardonnay on it! Thanks Aunt Lala for the all week Birthday celebration while Stanton was at camp! Thanks for all of the special gifts, and Birthday wishes, too!! We didn't have an actual party this year because I am STILL scarred from the Spa party, silly girls not even going to bed, last year party!

We are taking the kids to the beach instead!

























No comments: